Saturday, September 11, 2010
Chocolate Zuccini Bread ~ make and FREEZE Muffins!
How FABULOUS is it that my kids think these are "Chocolate Cup Cakes!
I these puppies pack 8 grams of fiber, and because I use "Blue Chief Flour" 5 grams of protein. Now who get's that in an ole' boring "Chocolate Cupcake"?
I don't feel guilty packing these in Gavin's (my son with type 1 diabetes), take to school lunch...and he feels like a ROCK STAR!
I quadruple the recipe and freeze in gallon baggies, they defrost during the morning in the kids lunch boxes.
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup Cocoa
2 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 cup butted softened
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups Zucchini grated
Sift together dry ingredients
Cream the butter and sugar, add the eggs and remaining "wet" ingredients.
Stir in dry ingredients.
Batter in two greased pans ...
Bake at 350 F for 1 hour...makes 2 loaves.
* 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
* 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water, combine chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup. Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, then add vanilla.
2. Dip muffins in warm glaze and swirl in the bowl upside down, place right
side up and allow glaze to dry before storing.