Sunday, November 10, 2013

Honeyed Cinnamon Pop Corn

Honeyed Cinnamon Pop Corn, picture Saturday morning, you aren't going anywhere your kids have declared it a "Jammie Day" and cartoons after minimal chores have been flipped on.
"Can we have Pop Corn for breakfast?"
"Wha? HECK YEAH!"
On a "Big breakfast morning, which normally include an hour in the kitchen of cooking and an hour of clean up, this sounds like and exceptional idea.
"Can it have caramel in it?"
Record scratch.
3 of 9 of my kids have been diagnosed with ADHD and a colorful Alphabet of other fun combinations. Sugar is used sparingly in our home, mostly because I am a fan of my kids not turning into Tasmanian Devils, and I don't own a taser gun.
So I got creative.
OH MY LAND.
If you like Caramel Corn, or Kettle Corn...this is for YOU!
Ingredients: (I of course doubled this)
8 cups popcorn

sea salt
Cinnamon
coconut oil
honey

Directions:
Air pop or Pan pop popping corn

In another microwavable container or in a pot on the stove combine and melt 1/3 to 1/2 cup of coconut oil and 1/3-1/2 cup honey, in equal parts.
Slowly pour melted mixture over popcorn tossing it.
to taste sprinkle cinnamon and mix in.
I personally need a lil' salt in my sweet.
CAREFUL not too much, but a little seasalt tossed in bumps this up to addictive , snack crack.
And serve.
Such a great healthy alternative sweet treat to other sugary tantrum and sugar crashing sweets.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment