This is SOUPER yummy, easy and easy to double or triple and freeze...stick the ingredients in a Freezer bag and WALAH dinner for three nights (or take one to a friend!)
I buy 3 pounds of Hamburger, brown it with one small fresh onion and 2 Tablespoons minced garlic.
1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1 small onion, chopped (
1/4 cup dehydrate onions
2 cups Pace Picante (or any other salsa) Mild, or HOT
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles
1 1/2 Table Spoons chili powder
2 Table Spoons Cumin
pinch of Cayenne pepper (to taste)
3 Table Spoons Garlic Salt
1 can (15 to 16 oz) pinto beans with juice
1 can (15 to 16 oz) kidney beans with juice
Shredded Cheddar cheese, if desired
Sliced green onions, if desired
1. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
2. In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix beef mixture and remaining ingredients.
3. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
4. Top with cheese and onions.
* For Freezing, I just build one soup in the Crock-Pot, and two more in Gallon Freezer bags set in bowls.
Throw contents in Crock pot, for about the same amount of time....or cook in a Pot if you are in a hurry!
YUMMY with tortilla chips or bread!