mmm...EASY AND freezable, great SOUP FOR CHILLY DAYS ! We eat A LOT of soup, I mean at *least* once a week while the weather is cold. This soup is si Yummy,AND I LOVE the noodle like quality the Tortillas give to the soup.
* 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1/2 cup diced onion
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1 quart chicken broth
* 1 can whole corn drained
* 1 can black beans drained
* 1 cup enchilada sauce
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* 3 flour Tortilla's cut with Pizza cutter in to strips (like noodles)
Garnish w/ shredded cheese & Sour Cream.
1. In a large pot over medium heat, cook chicken breasts ( I boil 5 pounds since I more than quadruple this recipe and freeze) in oil until well browned on all sides. Remove and set aside.
2. Cook onion and garlic in remaining oil until onions are translucent. Pour in chicken broth.
3. Pour into pot with remaining enchilada sauce, Corn,beans, salt, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil.
4. Shred cooked chicken and add it to the pot. Reduce heat and simmer 30 to 40 minutes, until thickened.
5. Slice Tortilla's (one on top of the other, with a pizza Cutter.
Add the tortilla strips while soup is still boiling and take off heat, stir and let sit for five minutes before serving.
6.Serve with a sprinkling of cheese, dollop of sour cream...tortilla chips, or quesidillas.