Saturday, November 20, 2010
Tripple Berry Pie
* 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 3 tablespoons cornstarch
* 2 cups raspberries
* 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
* 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together sugar and cornstarch. Add strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries; gently toss until berries are coated. When using frozen fruit allow fruit mixture to stand for 15 to 30 minutes, or until fruit is partially thawed.
2. Line a 9 inch pie plate with half of the pastry. Stir berry mixture, and transfer to the crust lined pie plate. Top with second crust, and seal and crimp the edge. To prevent overbrowning, cover the edge of the pie with foil.
3. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 minutes when using fresh fruit, 50 minutes for frozen fruit. Remove foil. Bake for an additional 20 to 30 minutes, or until the top is golden. Cool on a wire rack.
Posted by Lindsay Mama to Nine at 4:47 PM