Thursday, August 6, 2009

Summer Chicken Stew



I made the recipe up when I was looking at all the wonderful things out of my garden…and it was a rainy cold day. It is now a family favorite; it has so many good veggies in it and is so pretty it is fun to serve for friends and family with some homemade wheat rolls.
(Ads always I double…because I LOVE leftovers!)
Ingredients:
• 2 cups diced cooked chicken (boiled)
• 2 ½ inch sliced small zucchini’s
• 2 ½ inch sliced small yellow squash
• 3-6 small green onions, finely diced
• 3 peeled Sweet Potatoes
• 1 cup baby carrots
• 4 cups warm water
• 1 cup dry Poultry Gravy mix
• 2-3 bay leaves
• 1 pinch basil
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, snipped (optional)
• 3 tablespoons butter
• In a hurry I just use a basic Miss Dash seasoning
Directions
1.
Pam Crock-Pot or rub with Olive Oil.
2.
In Bowl mix Gravy mix and water with seasonings together…Pour in Crock-pot.
3.
Place all the rest of ingredients into crock pot.
4.
Cook on "low" setting for approximately 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment