Monday, May 31, 2010
Crunchy Granola ~ Our summer vesion of Oatmeal !!!
• 6 cups rolled oats (not quick-cooking or instant)
• 2 cups chopped almonds (I use Costco raw almonds kind and chop them with my Boche)
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or MUCH more to taste
• Dash salt
• 1/2 to 1 cup honey or maple syrup, or to taste
* 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
• 1 cup raisins or chopped dried fruit, optional, I LOVE me some Craisens or dehydrated blueberries
• 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. On slightly oiled cookie sheet pour oats and pre chopped nuts, mix well.
3.In a glass pourable bowl, melt cinnamon, salt and sweetener, and coconut oil for 45 seconds in the microwave or stove top. Pour and mix into Oats and Mix on a sheet pan making sure you flip and scrape the bottom and put in oven. Bake for 30-50 minutes or a little longer, stirring every 10-12 minutes. Mixture should brown evenly; the browner it gets without burning, the crunchier the granola will be.
• 2. Remove pan from oven and add raisins or dried fruit. Cool on a rack, stirring once in a while until granola reaches room temperature. Transfer to a sealed container and store in refrigerator; it will keep indefinitely.
* Soooo YUMMY with Almond Milk , In a Baggie for snacks...or over Yogurt!
*Yield About 8 cups (at least 16 servings)
Time 40 minutes