Monday, May 31, 2010
KILLER Oatmeal Cookies *Dairy and Gluten free option*
BEST OATMEAL COOKIES EVER!!!These bad-boys have NO White Flour, or White Sugar!!!!
I double and freeze or share! Pictures coming soon!
Preparation - 15 min | Cooking - 10 min | Cooling Time - 1 min cooling | Yields - 48 cookies (4 dozen)
· 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour or Pamela's Gluten Free bread and baking mix
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 3/4 teaspoon salt
. 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
· 1 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
· 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened *or* 1 cup coconut oil
· 2 large eggs
· 2 tablespoons milk *or* 2 Tablespoons Soy Milk
· 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
· 2 1/2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
· 1 cup Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate Chocolate Morsels
· 1cup Raisins
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat brown sugar, butter and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats, morsels and nuts; mix well. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto greased baking sheets.
BAKE for 9 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies or 12 to 13 minutes for crispy cookies. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.