Monday, May 31, 2010
Thai Peanut Sauce Chicken~ Crock-pot
Can't remember what website I found this on...it is EASY and fresh tasting ...and Thai-licious!...I touched it up quite a bit...and my KIDS licked their plates and ate so many seconds, and thirds...there were no leftovers to be seen.
Eat with this: http://feedingabunchamunchkins.blogspot.com/2010/06/lime-cilantro-rice-with-pineapple.html
• 1 package of baby carrots ( skinny fresh green beans are fantastic too)
• 8-10 chicken breasts or tenders, sprinkled with salt and pepper
• 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
• Juice and zest of one lime
• 1 finely chopped large garlic clove (about two teaspoons)
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• 1 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1 can chicken broth
• 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
• 2 cups cooked jasmine, brown or white rice
. 3/4 teaspoon of salt
• 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, for sprinkling on top (optional)
added after crock-pot cooking is almost finished:
3 cups creamy peanut-butter
5 Tablespoons Oyster Sauce (found in Asian cooking aisle)
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Place ingredients (except rice) in crock pot in order given. Cook on low heat setting for 8-10 hours.
Next cut chicken in strips, or shred.
Last put peanut-butter, Oyster Sauce and Soy Sauce in microwave safe bowel...microwave for 30-45 seconds...whisk in remaining ingredients...and then slowly stir into crock-pot mixture....serve with in a half hour!
Serve in bowls with cooked jasmine, brown,white rice or the recipe recommended above. Top with roasted peanuts & cilantro, if desired.
Notes: This is an easy and impressive Thai meal. You will make it again and again.