Sunday, June 6, 2010

CHICKEN CHEESE SOUP

Dinner brought to us after our son passed away by my dear friend Janice.
It was sooo YUMMY...and I have not had it since ...so I went searching and found the recipe she used on line at: www.cooks.com
OK here's the thing....YES it does have Cheez Whiz in it...which I had NEVER used or desired to eat UNITL I munched this soup....so I say Cheez Whiz it is....cause this is SOUPER YUMMY!!!!!
Homemade Rolls is a MUST!!!!http://feedingabunchamunchkins.blogspot.com/2009/07/peporoni-rolls-and-easy-bread-focacia.html

CHICKEN CHEESE SOUP

2 chicken breasts (4 halves or 2 whole)
Water to cover
2/3 c. chopped onion
2/3 c. chopped celery
1/3 c. chopped green onion
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 to 3/4 c. milk
1 lg. jar Cheese Whiz
3 oz. grated sharp cheddar
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 c. cup Noodles ( I use Country Pasta....they taste homemade)
Salt & pepper

Boil chicken (45 minutes). Chop into bite-size pieces. Boil down broth to 2 cups. Add onion, celery and cook in broth until tender (crisp). Gradually add soup, milk, cheese, chicken. Stir until melts.
Bring Soup to soft boil on med heat...and add noodles....if you are going to Freeze this DO NOT add Noodles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment