Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Breakfast Burritoes FREEZABLE!!!!
SOOO EASY...SOOO GOOD, great for mornings on the go...or to have in the freezer to zap up for guests! I got the idea from allrecipes.com...and then switched it up a bit...
Ingredients (you can pretty much use anything breakfasty so play around and find your fav combo)In these bad boys I used eggs, bacon, sausage, Monterrey Jack Cheese, Black Beans and Costco Organic Salsa...(P.S. I bake my bacon on foil covered cookie sheets @ 400 degrees for 20+ minutes until it is crispy and then drain the fat on paper towels).
* 12 eggs, beaten w/ added cold water and scrambled
* 1 lb bulk sausage, cooked (or crumbled links)
* chunky salsa (your choice of heat)
* 2 cups Monterrey jack shredded
* 24 flour tortillas (you can also use whole wheat)
* bacon cooked and crumbled
* drained black beans
* 1 green pepper, finely diced (optional)
* 6 potatoes, shredded and fried until cooked through (optional) or hash browns (optional)
* jalapenos, slices (optional)
* 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies (optional)
* 1-2 garlic cloves, finely minced (optional)
* 1 onion, finely diced (optional)
* 1 tomato, peeled and chopped (optional)
* 2 green onions, sliced with tops (optional)
Scramble eggs in large skillet until done.
Warm tortillas in microwave 20-30 seconds or until warm and flexible.
Place 1/3 or a lil' more cup egg mixture into tortilla; roll burrito-style.
Sprinkle cheese and layer other ingredients.
Freeze burritos in single layer on lightly greased cookie sheet.
When fully frozen, wrap burritos individually; place wrapped burritos in large zip-top freezer bags; freeze.
TO SERVE: Unwrap burritos from foil or plastic wrap that you used for freezing.
Wrap in a paper towel.
Cook in microwave until heated through (about 2 minutes).
Or thaw burritos (remove plastic wrap if used in freezing), wrap burritos in foil, and bake at 350 degrees for ten minutes.
I doubled this recipe and have 48 gorgeous burritos all nestled happily together in my freezer...