Friday, June 25, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls



I am continuing on the Bake em up, "eat-em-or-freeze-em-for-later" kick....because it makes MY LIFE easier!!!
So onto these SCRUMPTIOUS Cinnamon rolls and then ten minutes later I'm gonna turn em into Peperoni rolls thanks to the genius that is my friend Diane!

You need a GOOD easy Dough...this one is Ode to my bud Joette and her mad bread making skills! I owe this bad boy to her...cause I use it for almost ALL of my bread, roll...carb-addic needs.

Here's the Dough: again half and half wheat to white...or find a GOOD Protein fortified white flour (it just makes me feel better about myself):
BREAD
10-12 cups Flour ( depending on my mood I use white, wheat or half and half)
1/2 cup sugar
5 Cups warm water
1 cup dry milk
1 cube melted
1 Table spoon salt
3 TBsp Dry FAST acting yeast (Not just active yeast but fast acting)

In Bread Mixing Machine Add water, Milk, & Melted butter & 5 cups flour Mix for one minute....allow to be on lowest setting as you add1 cup flour, Salt, & Yeast. Scrape side of Mixer and mix a little longer.Then while the mixer is on slowly begin adding cups of Flour. Usually I end up adding between 5 to six cups.Once the the dough is all completely pulled away from the mixing bowl you don't need anymore flour. Put lid on Mixer and mix on speed number two for 4 minutes.Once it is finished I cover the counter top with oil, If I am making regular bread I use Veggie oil, if I am making peperoni rolls and Focacia I use Olive oil.

I remove the Dough and knead it on the counter. What ever dough I am using a rework it on the counter top for a couple of minutes. I separate the Dough and what I am not using I cover with a hot wet dish towel.


For the cinnamon rolls I use a third of the dough at a time, roll it out cover it in softened butter and spread brown sugar , and then sprinkle the dough with Cinnamon, then I rub it into the dough with palms of my hands.I cut the dough in half with a pizza cutter and roll the fourths into cylinders and cut them into one to one and one half inch rolls with dental floss.About 28-30 on a cookie sheet.
Cook at 350 for 20-25 minutes

Once rolls are cooled a little spread with frosting...

Cream Cheese Frosting
Double or triple this too.
1 package 8 oz cream cheese ~ softened
¼ cup butter ~ softened
2 to 3 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar

Cream wet ingredients ….with mixer on slowly add powdered sugar….

Serve warm , cold...standing on your head...they are just PLAIN GOOOOD!
I also make mini-versions in whole wheat and freeze em -in Gallon Bags to defrost on the counter or microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment