Friday, June 25, 2010

Pepperoni Rolls




My kids get to give me their birthday menu, this means all foods , Breakfast , Lunch and Dinner and beverages and desert for their Birthday...My GORGEOUS daughter Madalyn wanted these bad-lil-darlin's for her B-day Lunch...and YES my kids blow out candles at every meal...I'm REALLY glad they were born ...so sue me.

These will change your universe...they did mine...and all to the genius of my friend Diane and and her DH Steven! Mad props you two!
I make these by the truck load, take them to neighbors, visit teaching, add them to dinners...or (drum roll) PERFECT for lunches...which makes ME HAPPY to once again have a fabulous pre-made lunch option!

Here's the Dough...again just my EASY Bread/Roll Dough I use for EVERYTHING ( Joette your the bomb)

BREAD
10-12 cups Flour ( depending on my mood I use white, wheat or half and half)
1/2 cup sugar
5 Cups warm water
1 cup dry milk
1 cube melted
1 Table spoon salt
3 TBsp Dry FAST acting yeast (Not just active yeast but fast acting)

In Bread Mixing Machine Add water, Milk, & Melted butter & 5 cups flour Mix for one minute....allow to be on lowest setting as you add1 cup flour, Salt, & Yeast. Scrape side of Mixer and mix a little longer.Then while the mixer is on slowly begin adding cups of Flour. Usually I end up adding between 5 to six cups.Once the the dough is all completely pulled away from the mixing bowl you don't need anymore flour. Put lid on Mixer and mix on speed number two for 4 minutes.Once it is finished I cover the counter top with oil, If I am making regular bread I use Veggie oil, if I am making peperoni rolls and Focacia i use Olive oil.

I remove the Dough and knead it on the counter. What ever dough I am using a rework it on the counter top for a couple of minutes. I separate the Dough and what I am not using I cover with a hot damp dish towel.


Toppings:
Olive Oil
Garlic Salt
Italian Seasoning
Peperoni
Shredded Mozzarella


I do the same thing for pepperoni rolls except I don't use butter , just a little extra olive oil, Garlic salt, Italian Seasoning (basil, Rosemary, Parsley), Shredded Mozzarella, Parmesan & Peperoni.
I use a third of the dough at a time, roll it out cover it in then I rub it into the dough with palms of my hands.I cut the dough in half with a pizza cutter and roll the fourths into cylinders and cut them into one to one and one half inch rolls with dental floss.About 28-30 on a cookie sheet.
Cook at 350 for 20-25 minutes

I also make mini-versions in whole wheat and freeze em -in Gallon Bags to defrost on the counter or microwave.
Dip em in Marinara Sauce....

Try the Hawaiian Version...with a lil' Sauce, instead of Olive Oil, Canadian Bacon, Mozzarella, and crushed Pineapple...you'll thank me!
:0)

No comments:

Post a Comment