Monday, June 14, 2010

Peanutbutter Filled DevilsChocolate Cupcakes w/ Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting


Yeah...Seriously..they're naughty....but I made up for them with the Fat-Free Banana Ice Cream Recipe below..Right?
For How to fill Cupcakes...(and where I got the marvelous Idea to try the lemon and blueberry mix: check this link out.
You can use their recipe for the cupcakes, or I am posting the one I used too...

First the Cake Mix:
You can use one good' ole Duncan Hines Devils food cake mix....really, promise...
If ya feel daring try Dr.ing it up with this:
(FYI it increases the standard box yield of 24 up to 36)

1 box devils food cake
3 TB spoons Baking Cocoa
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 tsp salt
4 egg whites
1 1/3 cups water
2 Tbs vegetable oil
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp almond extract

*Mix em up for about two minutes...

next melt:
1 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk chocolate)

*I do this in a mug ....start with 1 minute...and then stir...then add 30 seconds, stir...repeat until chocolate is smooth...

Mix the Melted Chocolate into cake batter.
fill paper liners 3/4 full and bake according to box directions.

After baked, and cool pop cupcakes onto cookie sheet and put in freezer, when they are frozen it is easier to fill and frost (this goes for cake decorating too)...


For filling: again these girls say it better than I ever could.

Peanut butter Filling:
I used my Semi-Homemade Peanut-butter Frosting.

Chocolate Cream-Cheese Frosting:

1 Cream Cheese Frosting recipe (or two cans of the store bought stuff ...I promise I won't tell)

or:

2 package 8 oz cream cheese ~ softened
1/2 cup butter ~ softened
3 to 4 Tablespoons milk
2 teaspoon almond extract
2 TBSP Baking Cocoa
8 cups powdered sugar

Cream wet ingredients ….with mixer on slowly add powdered sugar….

Next your gonna repeat what we did with the Cake mix and melt us a cup o chocolate chips....blend it up....and your ready to frost!

I made 50 of these for my hubbies work party ....and they were GONE by the time our family got to the desert table!

No comments:

Post a Comment