Saturday, June 26, 2010

Cake Doughnuts




Cake Doughnuts

It’s Saturday….well at my house that means DOUGHNUTS for breakfast. Wheather we are working in the yard, or going yard selling….Totally Unhealthy Sugar cakes….are a tradition. (OK so I am sooo not happy about it…but heck, I do have to let my Hubbie make some of the calls in our home (he let me have nine kids…)
Well since adding 5 more short people…HELLO….our habit, ahem…” Tradition” is getting to be a pricey Saturday mornings…once you add juice…and candy bars …and whatever else the Mr. brings home….sooo HOMEMADE it is…
Found this puppy in my FABO-Bright-Orange-Circa-1979 Betty Crocker Cook Book!~

• THEY WERE CAKE to MAKE~!!!
• And the lil’ peeps and the Mr. gave me the “thumbs up”…It’s a go THUNDERCAT!….so sup’ Winco your sooo not on the list for Saturdays anymore! :0P

P.S. I doubled this and had WAY to much)
Items you Need: (

Vegetable Oil (for the Fry-Daddy)
3 1/3 cups Flour
1 cup Sugar
3 TBSP Baking Powder
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
2 TBSP shortening (butter flavored Crisco)
2 eggs
¾ cup milk

Heat Oil in deep-fat fryer or heavy kettle to 375 degree’s. Beat 1 ½ cups flour and remaining ingredients together on low speed scraping the bowel consistently, 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 more minutes…then add remaining flour.
Roll our dough on well floured service Roll gently to 3/8 inch think… Cut with Doughnut cutter…um I don’t have one ( I’m not that cool) so I used a cup and a lid to make the doughnut shapes…Slide Doughnuts into hot oil with a wide spatula. Turn doughnuts as they rise to the surface. Fry 1 to 1 ½ minutes on each side.
Remove from oil and let drain on paper towels. Serve plain or frosted…

Toppings:
Shake in Bag of Powdered Sugar…
Frost with canned or homemade frosting
Roll in chopped nuts or sprinkles…

Next week...I want to give the rising kind a whirl...Kripy Kreme...Bring It!

No comments:

Post a Comment