Thursday, July 29, 2010

Egg Salad


This is ode to my friend Tanya..
She tried the Pita Bread and mentioned that she was putting egg salad in them..and all of the sudden...I couldn't get Egg Salad off my mind. I remember in Kindergarten my daycare provider Jennine made me Egg Salad...I called me Bajine...and the name always stuck.

Soo here is how we do it West-side style...I might need to ask my southern friend if hers is much different...


Ingredients

* 12 eggs
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 2 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
* 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
* 1 teaspoon paprika
* 6 green onions chopped
* 5 stocks of celery chopped
* salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
2. In a large bowl, combine the egg, mayonnaise, mustard, dill, paprika, onion, celery and salt and pepper. Mash well with a fork or wooden spoon.
3. Serve on bread as a sandwich, in a pita or over crisp lettuce as a salad.

1 comment:

  1. that is pretty much my recipe as well... YUM! that is funny you put that on here, because just *this* morning I was thinking about making some more.

    You have been busy... thanks for sharing all of your recipes!!!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete